Wednesday, March 21, 2012

When All Else Fails, Just Keep Adding More Polish

I usually have terrible tip wear issues because I type all day every day (and have two kids I'm cleaning up after constantly), so a lot of times I'll find a way to extend a manicure if it is showing wear if I don't have time to do a full manicure.  This is one of these experiments.

I started off with two layers of the stunning Catrice Dirty Berry. After lusting after this on several international blogs, I finally scored it on eBay.


Sparkly Close Up:


After the tip wear started to set in, I sponged Milani's Hi Res, a gorgeous green holo, on the tips.




I still wasn't thrilled with my application, so then I covered the entire nail with a coat of Wet n Wild Coloricon Speak When Spoken To a prismatic that incorporated the other colors in the manicure.



I think all of these colors blended well and I liked how the green on the tips shined through.
If you live in the US the only place I have found for Catrice is eBay. Wet N Wild can be found at CVS or Rite Aid. I purchased Milani at CVS. Milani is my favorite drug store brand of polish.

Clicking on the photos will enlarge them. Please see the disclaimer for this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment