Monday, June 4, 2012

Ursula & Anne

Today I have one coat of Once Upon a Polish Ursula, which was inspired by the colors of the evil witch in The Little Mermaid.  I decided to put it over two coats of Julep Anne.  In the bottles, the purples seemed to be perfect, but on the nail, the next time I think I'd go a little darker to really bring out the beauty that is Ursula.

Ursula goes on thick in just one coat, I thought it covered the nail very well and was easy to spread out on the nail.  This polish is hungry and will need a lot of topcoat to make it smooth (I used 2 coats of Gelous).  I really liked the color spread on this polish, it was very pretty on the nail and I got tons of compliments on it at the pool party we went to.  The blend of different sized glitters with the holo bits was very eye catching.

I need to apologize for my cuticles.  Between being in the pool so much and cleaning up so often, they are trashed.  This mani was just too pretty not to share though!

Shade:



sunlight showing off the sparkles!  



You can purchase Once Upon a Polish at her Etsy Store.  Julep products can be purchased at Sephora or online at www.julep.com.  I am a member of the maven program and I've been very happy with it thus far.


Clicking on the photos will enlarge them. Please see the disclaimer for this blog.



3 comments:

  1. Oh soooo pretty! I don't have any Etsy or indy polishes yet....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold out for as long as you can, once you get started it is really hard to stop! lol. I love them, but at the same time it does really add up over time.

      Delete
  2. Hello there! This is kind of off topic but I need some
    advice from an established blog. Is it very difficult to set
    up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about creating my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

    my web site - robe d avocat

    ReplyDelete