Friday, July 6, 2012

Blogger Spotlight Friday - iHeartPrettyPolish

I decided to add a new feature, Blogger Spotlight Friday, where I share some of my favorite blogs with my readers.  Each blog I chose will be ones I routinely read and enjoy.

Today I decided to feature iHeartPrettyPolish

I enjoy reading her blog for a few reasons.  I've been following her for a while now and I've seen such a growth in her photos and swatches.  I feel a kinship with her because of this because I think my technique and photos have improved as well.  She takes a lot of pride in her blog, the blog design is adorable.

I also feel like she swatches lots of polishes that are, of course, gorgeous, but also that I can run out and obtain fairly easily.  This is both a blessing and a curse because I look at a post, ooh and aaah, and then run to Sally or Ulta at lunch to pick up that polish.  I can't tell you how much money she has cost me!  ;-)

I also like how she generally posts a photo of the collection which the polished was released with, so it is easy to find it online or in stores.

She has a fun feature on her blog where she picks a color and has a "battle" between the polishes in that category.  Another feature she does is taking one of her favorite polishes and adding a bit of "flair" to them to show them in a different way. 

Essie Rae, the blog owner, is also a great person in general.  I "met" her in a facebook group (about polish obsession, naturally) and she always has such nice things to say about everyone.  She is also a frequent commenter on my blog and I always appreciate her feedback.

A sampling of some of my favorite manicures from her:

I need this raspberry polish!  

I loved her combo of Butter London Rosie Lee with Orly Rage.

She made me run out and buy OPI You Don't Know Jacques.

She is a heck of a cake decorator too!

Anyway, if you don't follow her already, I encourage you to do so.

All links go to iHeartPrettyPolish blog, all photos are her property.  I have not received anything in exchange for spotlighting this blog, only sharing my love of another blog with people who may not know about it.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I have tears right now.... you are so kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Congrats Essie :) I agree with everything and your blog is fabulous! Because of your blog, I ran out and bought Orly Rage! Haha

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot! And because of you - I have Pretty & Polished Jawbreaker on my wishlist. I will be stalking her site to get my hands on it:)

      Delete