Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Does this Underwear Clash with my Melons?

Today I have a gorgeous polish that is F4 Summer Melon, a beautiful glitter top coat that has pink, green, black hex and small microglitter.

I made the mistake of putting it over the wrong underwear.  On the nail wheel, it seemed a perfect match, on my nails?  Not so much.  The green is too close to the green in the glitter and it didn't give it the punch I was looking for.

I love Summer Melon, I'll be on the lookout for the right panties to pair with this!

I started off with 2 coats of Sinful Exotic Green, a sheer green jelly polish that has a fantastic shine.  Then I put one coat of F4 Summer Melon.  I topped it with one coat of Seche and one coat of Nails, Inc Kensington Caviar top coats to give it a smooth finish.

I found that Summer Melon, much like EVERY F4 polish, glides on like a dream.  I love the little punch the black hex glitter gives it much like a watermelon seed.  This polish is a stunner.  These polish makers are FABULOUS!  I own a ton of their polish and not a single one has disappointed me!  I highly encourage you to check them out!

Shade (look at the shine on this baby!):


Sun (see how the green gets lost with the underwear.  Fail on my part!)


Up Close Shot (here you can see the beautiful green glitter!)

F4 polish can be purchased at their Etsy Store.  Sinful polishes can be found at Target and Walgreens.


Clicking on the photos will enlarge them. Please see the disclaimer for this blog.

13 comments:

  1. I love F4 polishes too. This looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have so many from them and they are all outstanding and they are really fabulous with their customer service!

      Delete
  2. LOL, awesome title! I don't think your underwear clashes with your melons at all. It's actually so odd that it's cute:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is growing on me a bit each day, but it has chipped, so time to come off!

      Delete
  3. I think the underwear is fine! I did a similar mani using naildit summer melon over green gradient and I think it turned out great! I personally like yours and you should too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny. Love F4 but I don't have this yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of their must haves, get it when it comes back in their shop!

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty and totally perfect for summer! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great, and your swatches show it off well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put my Summer Melon over CG I'm With the Lifeguard. I thought the neon green would be too much, but it was PERFECT! I love all of my F4 polishes!

    ReplyDelete