Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Fail of July

Happy 4th everyone!

I had some bizarre inspiration a bit before midnight on the 3rd to do a striped manicure using HITS Apollo (blue), Hefesto (silver) and Ares (red).  I put it over two coats of Ulta Snow White so Hefesto would look more white in the middle, but still have the same holographic pop as the other two.

Obviously I did this by hand with no tape or anything and you can see at midnight a steady hand I have not.  But I still sort of loved it, epic flaws and all.  It was mine and it looked dazzling poolside while celebrating the day.

Ulta Snow White is the next white in a long line of whites I've tried and hated.  Someday perhaps I'll find you the perfect white!   I've always been happy with all of my HITS from the No Olimpio collection and these were no exception!  



As a bonus, I'll show you what I did on my toes.  Two Coats of China Glaze Riding the Waves, a sheer blue jelly with one coat of Lush Lacquer Snap, Crackle, Pop on top.  I usually get my pedicures done professionaly, but I haven't had the time lately, so I did it myself.  OY.  It looks like I painted it on with my left hand or something.  Oh well, from afar, they are fun and sassy!

Riding the waves is sheer, but this was two coats.  Obviously from a distance there is no worry about VNL or what have you.  Snap, Crackle, Pop is such a fun patriotic mish mash.  I got so many compliments on it at the party.

WARNING TOE PHOTOS AHEAD:



Ulta polish can be purchased at Ulta.  HITS can be purchased on Ninja Polish.  China Glaze can be found at Ulta or Sally Beauty.  Lush Lacquer can be found at their Etsy Shop.


Clicking on the photos will enlarge them. Please see the disclaimer for this blog.

6 comments:

  1. hah! you put up a warning about toe pics!! cute little feet. i have size 11s.

    but I do like this mani! it reminds me of rainbow ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my feet are size 6.5! But, thanks to my baby boy, they are wide now, which makes shoe shopping an online affair.

      Delete
  2. Shan, your nails are cute! They kind of remind me of tie-dye! Oh and I did the Riding the Waves/Snap Crackle Pop combo on my fingers last Saturday, but thanks to my wonky body chemistry the entire mani peeled off in sheets on Monday. So I rocked a last minute two coat hack job of PnP Jawbreaker on my nubbies. Talk about glowy hands of fail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being in the pool all day, this mani came off in sheets last night. But at least that means a new mani tonight! lol. The only thing being in the pool did to my toes is get all of the polish off the skin. It looks better now than it does in the photos. I hate doing my own pedis. HATE. The girls just get in the way (and you know I have no daughters ;-0)

      Delete
  3. These look like Bomb Pops and I don't think they would if you had straight lines. Looks awesome! I think my 7 year old daughter has longer toes than you!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have teeny tiny feet. I actually love my feet (although I do wish they weren't wide, thank you tiny humans I gave birth to!)

      Delete