Friday, May 11, 2012

A Quattro Mustang Mani

Another week, another black and red manicure to cheer on my favorite U9 boys soccer team!

I got my inspiration for this from Nail Polish Wars blog, she used 4 polishes for this amazing gradient that I loved.  Seriously, check out this blog, she has OUTSTANDING ideas.  I always use her ideas for inspiration.

So the colors I decided to use were 2 coats of HITS Ares - a red holo, then I sponged on of China Glaze Ruby Pumps - red sparkly goodness for the transition, then I painted on the tips in a sort of haphazard way HITS Zeus - a deep gray holo.  Then as she did I topped it with a coat of HITS Hefesto - a silver holo.

I tried sponging on Zeus, but it came out looking very light and so I went with the painting instead.  In hindsight, I should have only done one coat of Ares, because you can't see the transition between that and Ruby Pumps very well under the Hefesto.  I also think I should have stuck with sponging on the Zeus, it shows up darker under Hefesto than it did in person.  

All in all though, I kind of love it!

Final Product (I know, the cuticles, disaster).




2 coats of Ares (pre-clean up).

This is what it looked like before Hefesto came on, you can see the transition much better, I also love the way you can see the shimmer of Ruby Pumps through Zeus.  This may be another future Mustang Mani on its own. 



You can purchase HITS from Llarowe:  http://shop.llarowe.com/ be sure to check out the sale section because these are on sale quite often.  China Glaze can be found at Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply.

Clicking on the photos will enlarge them. Please see the disclaimer for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment