Monday, October 1, 2012

Fail With the Wind

This week's Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge topic was "Your Favorite Chick Flick".  I went with the most epic chick flick of all time - Gone with the Wind.

This is my mom's favorite movie of all time and so it reminds me of us two gals snuggling up in front of the TV watching it as an escape from the sea of men we lived with (I have 4 older brothers).  To me it is the mother of all chick flicks.

I chose Essie Scarlett O'Hara, which is evocative of the time the movie came out because when I think of the 30s and 40s manicure, it is always RED in my head.

However I wanted to try something different, so I matted Scarlett, which I loved, then I wanted to do the tips with a gloss.  Meh.  Sort of a fail on my part.  The application was lacking and it was hard to get a photo that didn't make it look WAY worse than it was.

Oh well, you never try, you never learn, right?

Shade:



Look at how perfect this color mattes!




Clicking on the photos will enlarge them. Please see the disclaimer for this blog.

1 comment:

  1. :) I see where you were going with this and like the idea. It looks like maybe you should have used more of a watery/thin top coat ??? I love this Essie color....and have never seen Gone with the Wind.

    ReplyDelete