Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pink Water Marble

It is Go Pink Wednesday again!



Another reminder to feel the twins often!  Just remember, the earlier it is caught, the better.

Some facts for you from the Breast Cancer Facts & Figures 2011-2012 paper.  

In 2011 it is estimated that there was 57,650 new cases of In Situ breast cancer, 230,480 Invasive breast cancers, and 39,520 deaths caused by breast cancer.

In 2011.

These are our mothers, our daughters, our sisters, our aunts, US.

The only other cancer with a larger death toll for women is lung cancer.

Of all women who have cancer, 1 in 3 of them will have breast cancer.  The good news is in every year since 1990, breast cancer deaths have decreased.  This is in large part due to early detection and better treatment. 

Today I tried for a water marble.  Meh, as with all of my water marbles, I get like 2-3 good nails and the rest suck.  I won't even show you my right as it was a disaster of epic proportions.

I used 2 coats of OPI Pedal Faster Suzi as a base.  For the marble I used OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips, OPI If You Moust You Moust, Zoya Kissy and Sally Hanson White On.



Close ups of my favorite nails:

Here there was some spread in the water, so you really can see Pedal Faster Suzi well.

This one shows the least amount of colors, but I love it the most.

OPI and Zoya can be purchased at Ulta, Sally Hanson can be purchased Ulta or any local beauty stores.



Clicking on the photos will enlarge them. Please see the disclaimer for this blog.

22 comments:

  1. I think I like the patterson on your index finger THE best!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your water marble Shannon :) I hear ya about your other hand though, but with mine, it's my right (dominant) hand that I can't get right. I seem to be able to control my fingers individually better with my left hand than my right, which is strange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, my bad, I meant my right hand is a mess. My right is my dominant hand as well. Left/right hand differentiation fail!

      Delete
  3. Good job! I want to try this so bad I am just scared....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It is something I'm glad I can do, but you need a lot of time and a lot of patience to do it. I was home that day with my son who was sick and napping, so I dug in and did it. It takes a WHILE though to get it right. I also only do one hand at a time, so if I screw up a finger, I can remove it with my other hand (well, at least on my left hand, if my right hand goes wonky, oh well).

      Delete
    2. Okay, I need to just suck it up and try it. I guess I don't really have to take a picture if it doesn't turn out:) No one will ever know!

      Delete
  4. My favorite one is the ring finger, but they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your water marbling is lovely... reminds me of soft candy!
    well done hun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your water marbling is gorgeous!!!! I love the pink polish at the top of your blog??? It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I have no idea what a bad or good watermarble is supposed to look like... Isn't random swirlies the whole point? Anyhoo, this truly looks amazing and kudos to you for doing it. They scare me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shannon, I have never even ATTEMPTED a water marble! I have water-marble-phobia, lol. I love this SO much it reminds me of a strawberry milkshake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOHHH! This looks great!!! You may have inspired me to try this for next weeks!!! I have tons of pinks and I think a few may look good together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Well the nails that did turn out did really well! The different shades of pink look really nice together. I am really impressed. I haven't tried to water marble yet, one day though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ale fajna stronka, warto poczytac.
    modne zegarki męskie.

    ReplyDelete